Priorities and Issues
Cynthia’s priorities have been to make Williamson County an even better place to live, work, worship, learn, and play. She is seeking re-election and asks for your vote in the General Election on November 4th to build upon the great strides she has made.
- Keep our taxes low
- Keep county government growth in check
- Recruit more businesses to the area so our residents don’t have to keep driving to Austin to go to work
- Expand, improve and maintain the roadway system in the County
- Provide the funds needed to law enforcement to maintain our tough on crime reputation
- Lowered County Property Tax Rate. Property tax rate is lower today than when Cynthia took office
- Transportation Leadership. Strong leader on the Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Organization, bringing common sense to regional transportation solutions. Worked with the legislature to reform the environmental review process for projects at TxDOT which is saving your tax dollars.
- New Roads. Completed Brushy Creek Road East and RM 1431 in Cedar Park; Hero Way, San Gabriel Parkway and improvements to US 183 in Leander/Liberty Hill; and improvements to SH29 and CR 214 and in Liberty Hill.
- New Hike and Bike Trails. Walkers, runners, bikers, and strollers now enjoy and additional 2.75 miles of Brushy Creek Trail.
- Eliminated Unfair Business Tax. Cynthia led the effort at the County to reduce an unfair business tax, helping retain and grow existing manufacturing businesses and attract new ones.
- The United States, the State of Texas, and Williamson County were founded on the fundamental principle that individuals have certain rights and freedoms which cannot be infringed upon and may be restricted only to the degree necessary to preserve the rights of others.
- Human life is sacred and worthy of protection.
- The traditional family and the values it fosters are the foundation of American society and their preservation is essential to our Nation’s continued success.
- Parents have the right to determine the values with which their children will be raised and should have the widest possible choice among public, private, home, and religious schools and that competition will improve public education.
- The free enterprise system is the most effective engine of economic progress.
- High taxes, runaway government spending, and over-regulation of business and agriculture punish initiative and stifle economic growth.
- With freedom comes responsibility and that individuals must take personal responsibility for their own actions and our criminal justice system must be based on this idea.
- The preservation of our rights and freedoms must be entrusted to a strong national defense and of the ability of the United States to negotiate with other nations from a position of strength.
- It is imperative today to re-affirm the traditional freedoms and values of America to preserve our great Republic.